Pnetcdf New File Format

kgao at eecs.northwestern.edu kgao at eecs.northwestern.edu
Mon Aug 11 22:20:13 CDT 2008

Hi, Katie,
	Thank you very much for testing the new pnetcdf file format.

      Current version can not support the size of each dimension larger
than 2^31 bytes. The limitation comes from >
MPI_Type_create_subarray(int ndims, int array_of_sizes[], int >
array_of_subsizes[], int array_of_starts[], int order, MPI_Datatype
oldtype, MPI_Datatype *newtype) function. The array_of_sizes are
(int *) type.
      1 dimensional array could support the size larger than 4GB in the
developing version. I am working against the limitation about
multi-dimensional array. When I finish this part, we will update the
pnetcdf library.

      MPI_Offset is replaced by int64_t in current version.

	Thanks and regards,
Kui.