pre-release: parallel-netcdf 1.0.2pre3

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 26 17:57:01 CDT 2007

It's been way too long since -pre2.  We've accumulated some more
improvements since then, though, so here goes -pre3.

Nothing dramatic in this pre-release.  Just a bunch of cleanups:

- more configure checks for various MPI implementation wierdness
- put_vars now handles NULL stride
- fixed reference counting
- add 'gfortran' to the list of fortran compilers
- introduced a new get_file_info() routine
- use MPI_Comm_f2c in the fortran bindings

If you're interested in the pre-release, hit up
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf
for tarballs and SVN information.

One thing I could use some help with is testing on AIX.  I have an
account on an AIX machine, but it's at SDSC and currently offline due
to the wildfires in the area.

No 6 month lag between this -pre3 and the next release!  The idea is
to put out 1.0.2 around SC07 time.

Thanks and have fun!

==rob (and the rest of the pnetcdf team)