calling nf90_put_var with count=0

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 11 13:24:31 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 12:02:02PM -0600, Jim Edwards wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> In order to avoid using the independent mode I am trying to call
> nfmpi_put_vara_all with count=0 on some processors.  This appears to
> work fine under the AIX implementation but causes a malloc error in
> romio on BG/L.   Here is a core dump referring to source code in
> romio, I don't have that source code but I have some hope that this
> will be enough info for you to pinpoint the problem...

Hi Jim
We talk about this a little bit in our README.bgl.  If you set the
BGLMPIO_TUNEBLOCKING environment variable to '0', you should no longer
get a seg fault

They just rolled out a new version of IBM's MPI-IO for BGL on our
machine that fixes this problem:  with driver version V1R3M0 I no
longer see this segfault with our test cases.

Let us know how those workarounds perform for you.

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B