Unchecked memory allocation and potential performance problem

Rob Ross rross at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 6 10:50:51 CST 2006

Thanks for the reminder Russ.

I think it would be in our best interest to align based on file system
boundaries, picking something like 256K in the cases where we don't know
anything useful and aren't told anything by the user.

Let's have a look at nc__enddef and see how it works. We'll probably
want a more obvious name, or to allow the user to just pass the same
additional information in MPI_Info at open time...

Thanks!

Rob