version 0.9.1 is released

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 7 15:09:55 CDT 2003

Hello

Short summary: parallel-netcdf-0.9.1 is available.

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf/

Thanks to everyone who tried out version 0.9.0.  After some
initial build issues, we haven't had many complaints this month, which
is fine by me.

We've made a pass through the build issues and have addressed most if
not all of the problems people encountered when installing 0.9.0.
Rene, one issue we did not fix yet was the problem you encountered
where the Fortran objects were not added to libpnetcdf.a.  I've
documented your workaround in README.SX

Changes in 0.9.1:
. removed the unused nctest test
. fix some build issues with the test programs on different platforms
. no longer checks for a C++ compiler
. --disable-fortran *really* disables building the Fortran interface
. FC and F77 are equivalent ways to specify the Fortran compiler

Have fun!

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B