question

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 24 14:30:31 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 09:25:05AM -0700, John Tannahill wrote:
> Please keep me posted as to the status of my problem with the
> Fortran interface.  I will look at it some more myself, but I
> don't have much experience with autoconf, etc.  Maybe the autoconf
> stuff is fine and it is just something more basic I am missing?

I do all my development on a linux box, so your help in resolving this
is greatly appreciated.

Please try modifying your configure.in to call UD_CHECK_FCALLSCSUB
just before it calls UD_CHECK_LIB_MATH:  this should resolve the
'warning: Unrecognized Fortran name mapping'.  run autoconf, then
re-run configure.  after you run configure, see which F77_NAME_* macro
is defined.

This should make the correct fortran functions appear in
libpnetcdf.a

Now with the underscore convention handled correctly, we can see if
there is a problem in the way we build the library.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B