Now nc_test PASSES

Jianwei Li jianwei at pop.ece.nwu.edu
Wed Apr 2 14:32:23 CST 2003

Good news.

Now nc_test can pass successfully except 2 FAILUREs that depend on how
to report errors.

In addition to those problems I reported last time (2 weeks ago?), I
figured out a couple of more problems summarized as follows:

1. In read/write of the header part, there are some bugs in dealing
   with attribute values, like padding for 4-byte-alignment. Now I've
   fixed them.

2. In nc_test code, I think rob had disabled some test code in earlier
   stage of debugging. After enabling those necessary for generating
   correct&expected "scratch.nc", the errors are gone.

I have committed my modifications into cvs, and files that are affected
this time are:
	parallel-netcdf/src/lib/header.c
	parallel-netcdf/src/lib/nc.h
	parallel-netcdf/test/nc_test/nc_test.c
	parallel-netcdf/test/nc_test/test_get.m4
	parallel-netcdf/test/nc_test/test_put.m4
	parallel-netcdf/test/nc_test/test_write.c

Now, what are left in nc_test are tests of "put/get schar/uchar/long",
which have not been included in current library implementation, I'll
add those functions when I have time. For now, everything looks good?

--

Jianwei