[mpich2-dev] modify mpich2 aggregator

Jaln valiantljk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 12:05:00 CDT 2012

Hello everybody,

I want to evaluate some ideas regarding the I/O aggregators. But have no
idea how to modify the mpich2 and pvfs2.
The idea basically is to pass some hint from mpich to pvfs layer.
What I want to do are:
1. For collective read, e.g., in 'ad_read_coll.c', I can see the two-phase
I/O is implemented there. I want to assign some values for each aggregator,
e.g., priority value for various aggregators.
2. Still for read, I want the assigned value can be seen by the underlying
file systems' job scheduler. e.g., in pvfs2, src/io/job/job.c,
then the file system's job scheduler can schedule the aggregators by the
assigned value.

I tried some modification from the top level mpich layer to adio and then
to pvfs layer, but are messed up, and have no idea about the flow among
these layers in terms of collective read.

This is my first time posting here, please tell me if there are some rules
that I didn't know.

Regards,

Jaln