[mpich2-dev] Cartesian space process topology

Lukáš Pavlech pavlech.lukas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 07:37:53 CDT 2012

Hello,

As a part of my Master Thesis, I am currently working on some agent
simulations in fire buildings using Repast HPC. Repast HPC use MPI inteface
for process communication - in my case MPICH2 implementation. At simulation
start space is divided to processes using MPI_Cart_create and
MPI_Cart_shift commands.

Specifically:

boost::mpi::communicator commM;
int _numDims = 2; (kedže sa jedná o 2D priestor)
(kde dany priestor je periodicky)
int* periods = new int[_numDims];
for (int i = 0; i < _numDims; i++) {
periods[i] = periodic ? 1 : 0;
}
MPI_Comm topology_comm;

*MPI_Cart_create(*commM, _numDims, &procsPerDim[0], periods, 0,
&topology_comm);*

int eRank, wRank, nRank, sRank;
*MPI_Cart_shift(topology_comm, 1, 1, &wRank, &eRank);
MPI_Cart_shift(topology_comm, 0, -1, &sRank, &nRank);*
*
*
After successfull run of these commands, will be the topology structure the
same as the structure in attached image?
Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Lukas Pavlech