[mpich2-dev] MPICH2 via mpd via php via apache

Leon Yuhanov leon at philipchun.com
Tue May 10 01:39:58 CDT 2011

Hi Rajeev, after 2 days I found a solution, its a bit dirty but it
worked! No matter what i did i could not get MPD to work and using Hydra
was out of the question because of some issues with the system. I simply
edited the sudoers file:
CODE:
	visudo

And added the below under the Command Alias Section:

CODE:
	%www-data ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mpdtrace
	%www-data ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mpd
	%www-data ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mpiexec
	%www-data ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mpdallexit
	%www-data ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mpdlistjobs
	%www-data ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mpdkilljob

www-data is the user and group under which APACHE2 and PHP is run.
This allows me to control MPD and MPICH job submission, monitor the
jobs, kill them all in web interface. Thanks for your suggestion, i hope
this helps someone else!

Thanks
Leon