[mpich2-dev] mpiexec to call launcher for all names in machines file without hostname resolution (was -nolocal option)

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Sat Jul 9 00:09:06 CDT 2011

On 07/09/2011 12:57 AM, Pavan Balaji wrote:

> On 07/08/2011 11:46 PM, John Marshall wrote:
>> as it is now and with your patch, hydra would fork, _not_ call my
>> launcher. Instead, I want my launcher to be called each time, no
>> forking. Why? Because for my situation name0, name1, name2, and
>> localhost are not hostnames but labels that my launcher interprets.
>
> I've committed this change in as of r8760. The nightly snapshots will have it. You can use the environment variable
> HYDRA_LAUNCHER_AUTOFORK=0 to disable the automatic forking.

Great. That's going to be helpful.
<http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/changeset/8760/mpich2/branches/release/mpich2-1.4.x/src/pm/hydra/tools/bootstrap/external/external_common_launch.c>
Are the changes for this only in?
src/pm/hydra/tools/bootstrap/external/external_common_launch.c

I check back tomorrow.

Thanks again,
John