[mpich2-dev] mpiexec to call launcher for all names in machines file without hostname resolution (was -nolocal option)

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Fri Jul 8 23:29:04 CDT 2011

On 07/09/2011 12:18 AM, Pavan Balaji wrote:

> On 07/08/2011 11:11 PM, John Marshall wrote:
>> Perhaps there is some confusion here, but I don't see how my launcher
>> could be called since *is_local == 1.
>
> I'm confused on what exactly you need. Do you want Hydra to not fall back to fork when a local hostname is provided? Why?
Right. I want my launcher to be called for each entry in the machines list, even if that entry ends up on the local host. No
fall back to fork, ever.

Why? Because the entries in the machines file are _not_ necessarily hostnames. What they are is interpreted by the launcher
which effectively maps between the machines file entries and targets.

John