[mpich2-dev] -nolocal option

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Fri Jul 8 16:29:18 CDT 2011

Hi,

 From what I can tell, there is no longer a nolocal option. For what I am doing, I currently need this kind of functionality
since the entries in my "machines" list are not actual machine names but labels. I have made a quick change to
src/pm/hydra/utils/sock/sock.c so that if an env var is set, all machines are treated as non-local (*is_local = 0).

I know I'm late to the party on this, but can someone explain why the -nolocal option was removed. Or, maybe I have missed
something to get this functionality, i.e., to pass the machine name/label to the launcher as is without any complaints/errors
and let the launcher interpret.

Thanks,
John