[mpich2-dev] Adding an ADIO layer to MPICH

John Bent johnbent at lanl.gov
Sun Jul 3 11:56:22 CDT 2011

Excerpts from John Esmet's message of Sat Jun 25 09:57:34 -0600 2011:
> All,
>
> I'm looking to implement an ADIO layer for MPICH. Is there an outline or a
> guide for what needs to be done to patch MPICH to fully build and recognize
> my ADIO layer? Places to put code, Makefile, config modifications, that sort
> of thing.

PLFS has done this in the past although currently we're more focused on openmpi so this patch hasn't been maintained in a long time.  But the attached patch I believe does go through all the mpich Makefile's and .am files and everything that needs to be patched.  Then you need to go in and add a new directory in romio/adio will your files.  However, for prototyping something for research purposes, my recommendation would be to just go into romio/adio/ad_pvfs and replace all the code in there with your code.  That way you don't need to mess with the complicated build mechanisms.  PLFS patch attached (also available through sourceforge.net).