[mpich2-dev] DLL files not in the download

Trevor Stolber tstolber at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 06:41:02 CST 2011

Hi

I think this is a great solution and looks like a really good development
tool.

Please excuse my naivity but I have downloaded the Windows 32bit file,
unpacked it and installed the program.
In no directories can I find the .dll files. The only .dll file I have is
TraceInput.dll.

Am I doing something wrong here?

I want to set up a small cluster of Windows 32bit (on XP Pro) running 3D CAD
and FEA software. Some of our models require a lot of processing and are
left running over night or for 2 or more days. Being able to harness the
processing power from all the other PCs on the sub net would be great. We
have a 1Gbps network.

I have run the win /bin/wmpiexec.exe and /bin/wmpiregister.exe programs. I
could authenticate them on our network and run the /examples/cpi.exe test
program.
The MPICH2 service is running under the Windows system and I have
administrator rights to the PCs on the cluster.

If anyone can help out with this that would be great.

Thanks

Trevor