[mpich2-dev] Hydra 1.4 configfile usage (or bug?)

Cody R. Brown cody at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Aug 3 18:45:29 CDT 2011

With MPICH2 1.3.1, I would use the -configfile option like below with
a simple helloWorld example:
  mpiexec -configfile appfile hello

The contents of the appfile could be this to spawn 12 processes of the
hello executable:
  [cody at cyclops helloworld]$ more appfile
   -n 10 hello
   -n 2 hello

Using Hydra 1.4, the configfile option no longer seems to be
functioning correctly. It attempts to execute the config file (appfile
in this case), and you get permission denied errors. I notice the
changes in config_fn function in "ui/mpich/utils.c". Is this a bug, or
was the syntax of the configfile contents change to a new format?

Cody R. Brown, M.Sc. Student
  UBC Department of Computer Science
  201-2366 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4
  Office: ICCS x409      http://www.codybrown.ca/