[mpich2-dev] Patch submission procedures

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 7 09:10:47 CDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 09:42:37AM -0400, Tennant, Dan wrote:
> Rob,
>
> This work is for an installation of the Ontap GX product series.
> http://www.netapp.com/us/products/storage-systems/data-ontap-gx/
>
> We're still in the early phases of developing this patch, but I will
> pass along your information, including those tests.  I can probably give
> you more context when the work is complete.
>
> This is really helpful.

Dan, since you are in the early stages, I'd like to suggest you try to
get some feedback from Argonne as soon as possible and as often as
possible.   If you send us a big ol' patch in 6 months, we'll probably
commit it, but the whole process will go more smoothly for you, for
us, and for your customers if you let us help you do things "the ROMIO
way"

I don't think we need conference calls or travel for this, at least
not yet, but do keep us posted with the decisions you're making and
the paths you're considering.

If, for example, you find you need to make yet another copy of the
collective buffering code, we can fix ROMIO so you and the other file
system drivers can all call common code.  There are a lot of other
examples like this: keep us in the loop and we'll try to make
everything easier for everyone.

Looking forward to hearing more.
==rob

--