[mpich2-dev] Patch submission procedures

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 6 14:25:42 CDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 03:03:44PM -0400, Tennant, Dan wrote:
> I am trying to locate information on the procedures for submitting a
> patch to mpich2.  We are looking into creating a patch similar to the
> bg_lockless code, but for a different Filesystem, and I wanted to know
> how something like that is normally done.
>
> If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Hi Dan.  Since you're looking at I/O code, then sending the patch to
romio-maint at mcs.anl.gov is probably the right place.  If at all
possible, if you can generate a patch relative to a recent SVN
checkout, that would be ideal.  "diff -u" format, please.

Is this for netapps Direct-access file system or something else?  I'm
a little out of touch with netapp tech these days.

since we don't have netapp gear, it will help us feel more comfortable
with this patch if your modifications still pass at least the simple
romio tests  in src/mpi/romio/tests

If you've got other motivating examples to share with us, that's not
necessary for the patch, but is still something we like to hear about.

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA