[mpich2-dev] wrapping library calls

chan at mcs.anl.gov chan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 23 23:42:39 CST 2009

Hi Brian,

I was refering to mpixlc provided by darshan:

login1.surveyor:~ > which mpixlc
/soft/apps/darshan/bin/mpixlc

It used to be the only mpixlc* available on our P
are from comm/bin.  But our system folks have pointed
default mpixlc* to the ones provided by darshan recently.

The mpixlc* in comm/bin are fine. AFAICT, they are just
MPICH2's mpicc wrappers.

I didn't know there are comm/fast/bin/mpixlc*.  It seems
comm/fast/bin version links with dcmf-fast/dcmfcoll-fast
libraries instead of the usual dcmf/dcmfcoll libraries.
Are the fast version of dcmf libraries the optimized
version and should be the ones used for benchmarking... ?

A.Chan