[mpich2-dev] update MPI_Type_match_size() to return C99 complex?

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 11 12:54:44 CST 2009

On Dec 11, 2009, at 9:56 AM, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> Now that MPICH2 is updated to MPI-2.2, what's your feeling about
> updating MPI_Type_match_size(MPI_TYPECLASS_REAL, n)  to return C99
> complex datatypes?

I'm not particularly familiar with this function, but my understanding
is that it is really only used for interfacing with Fortran 90 types.
So to me it makes sense for this function to only return named
predefined datatypes corresponding to F90 types, such as MPI_REAL4 and
MPI_INTEGER8.

Also, doesn't a Fortran REAL correspond to a single C float or double
rather than a complex value?

-Dave