[mpich2-dev] Update resized.c code to match the comments.

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 9 20:53:46 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 06:28:42PM -0500, Bob Cernohous wrote:
> > It seemed to make sense to me that a lb 0, extent 12 would write the
> > two int's at offsets 0 and 12.   What's the lb 3 really do?  Why would
> > it still write to 0 and 12?
>
> and that should have read.. What's the lb 4 really do? ...

yeah, I had to walk down to Rajeev's office before I understood this
one myself.  I think this is how it works:

the type is for a file view, has a size of INT with an lb of 4, an
extent of 12 and a ub of 16.

the tricky part of this legal type is that lb and ub don't mean
anything except how the datatype is tiled.

I hope your reader has a fixed-width font:

type1 : |IIIIL----------U|
type2 :             |IIIIL----------U|

oldbuf: |-55--55--55--55-|  (before we write out with reiszed type)

newbuf: |-10--55--55--20-|  (after we write out the type, tiled twice)

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA