[mpich2-dev] Update resized.c code to match the comments.

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 9 16:56:03 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 04:10:06PM -0500, Bob Cernohous wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The io/resized.c test is failing in 1.1b1.   It looks like the code
> doesn't match the comments.  It says use an lb at 0, but sets lb to
> 4.  If I change the code, it runs fine.  Comments?

Hi Bob.  Yeah, sorry, the comment is wrong.  The code is correct in
that it finds a tricky case with respect to tiling of types.  If you
set the LB to 0 it's not a very tricky type at all :>

It took us a bunch of iterations after introducing an optimization in
adio/common to get this right.   We didn't have a test for resized
types before we introduced the optimization, but if we did, it would
have failed, too.  adio/ad_bgl is based on this older version of
adio/common, so it's failing the resized test.

How would you like to play this one, Bob?   I can tell you our svn
revisions of interest and you can either port these into adio/ad_bgl
or you can try to debug adio/ad_bgl as-is.

Honestly, I don't know which will be more work.

The svn revisions of interest went in over the summer of 2008:

r3219
r3193
r1001
r983
r988
r984
r968
r960
r958
r956

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA