[mpich2-dev] Fw: 32-bit ROMIO: What is the best solution?

Brian Smith smithbr at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 29 19:48:05 CST 2008

I was probably over zealous in my statement. I know there are a lot of
MPI_Aint == void * assumptions and some MPI_Aint = int * assumptions.
There are probably no int = int * assumptions since, yes, a 64-bit
compiler should find those. I'll let you know if we find any though. :)

Brian Smith
BlueGene MPI Development
IBM Rochester
Phone: 507 253 4717
smithbr at us.ibm.com

"Rajeev Thakur" <thakur at mcs.anl.gov>
02/29/2008 05:42 PM

"'William Gropp'" <gropp at mcs.anl.gov>, Brian Smith/Rochester/IBM at IBMUS
cc
<mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov>, Bob Cernohous/Rochester/IBM at IBMUS
Subject
RE: [mpich2-dev] Fw: 32-bit ROMIO: What is the best solution?

I'd be surprised if there are any sizeof(int*) == sizeof(int) assumptions,
because compilers on 64-bit systems would have warned about them. But
there could be.

Rajeev