[mpich2-dev] Fw: 32-bit ROMIO: What is the best solution?

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 29 11:29:53 CST 2008

Any place where sizeof(int*) == sizeof(int) is assumed is just broken
- if its easy to separate those out, we'll just apply a fix for
those, since that's needed for any platform and under all
conditions.  The sizeof(MPI_Aint) == sizeof(void*) assumption will
require more care.

Bill

On Feb 29, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Brian Smith wrote:

> That's basically what we are doing. The problem is, there are a
> large number of places throughout the code (not just in ROMIO)
> where there are casts that assume MPI_Aint == sizeof(void*)==sizeof
> (int*)==sizeof(int), so we are walking through all that code and
> seeing what the casts are doing and fixing them as appropriate.

William Gropp
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign