[mpich2-dev] nesting level warning with MPI_File_preallocate(fh, 0)

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Sat Dec 13 19:16:21 CST 2008

What is needed is a finalize handler to free the keyvals - see src/mpi/
topo/topoutil.c for an example.  (The reason that these don't show up
with valgrind is that they're allocated from a pre-existing pool that
is used for MPI opaque objects).

Bill

On Dec 9, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Dave Goodell wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2008, at 3:09 PM, Robert Latham wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 03:02:48PM -0600, Rajeev Thakur wrote:
>>> I guess that's because you have built a version with memory tracing
>>> turned
>>> on.

>> I wonder if this is fixed in svn?  I have an mpich with memory
>> tracing
>> and neither the built-in tracing or valgrind complains about anything
>> leaks.
>
> This is actually output from the recently(-ish) added handle tracing
> code, not the memory tracing code.  You can enable handle tracing via
> --enable-g=handle or --enable-g=all.
>
> -Dave

William Gropp
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign