[MPICH2-dev] Fw: PMI Function

Chuck.Clouston at Bull.com Chuck.Clouston at Bull.com
Tue Mar 27 12:00:42 CDT 2007

I am working on adding this to SLURM and Moe Jette suggested that I send
this question to you for an answer.

Thanks,
Chuck Clouston
BULL HN
----- Forwarded by Chuck Clouston/US/BULL on 03/27/2007 09:56 AM -----

Chuck Clouston/US/BULL
03/26/2007 01:58 PM

slurm-dev at lists.llnl.gov
cc

Subject
PMI Function

I have a guestion on the PMI function PMI_Get_clique_rank. I have some
confusion over what should be returned by this function.

When I do an srun on two nodes of 4 and 8 processors of :  srun -n12 -N2
<cat string for job> I see the following;

PMI-Get_size equal 12.
PMI_Get_clique_size equal to  4 or 8 depending on the node.
and PMI_Get_rank equal from 0 thru 7 or 8 thru 11 depending on the node.

What should I see for PMI_Get_clique_rank (0 thru 7 and 8 thru 11) or (0
thru 7 and 0 thru 3)?

Thanks

Chuck Clouston