[MPICH2-dev] MPICH2 1.0.6rc1 thread support

James S Perrin james.s.perrin at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Aug 17 12:02:41 CDT 2007

Hi,

	We want to use ssm as we sometimes have two specific processes per
machine that working as a team.

	Actaully I think we have been using assuming serialized support at
compile time (we're not doing runtime checking of threads_provided, long
story don't ask) and it seems to have been working, we hadn't explicitly
enabled threading in mpich2 so I gues we've been "lucky" :) Our
Master/Slaves app has a threaded Master process that performs serialized
MPI calls in two threads.

Regards
James

James S. Perrin,                  | email: james.perrin at manchester.ac.uk