[MPICH2-dev] How to Build MPICH2 source-code on WindowsXP with VS2005

毕旋 Slader_Rec at sjtu.edu.cn
Tue Apr 24 05:33:00 CDT 2007

Hi,

During these tow months, I¡¯m trying to build mpich2-1.0.3 source-code on
WindowsXP(x86) with VS2005, but met a lot of troubles.

I followed the tutorial windev.pdf, but still errors and problems:

1.       makewindist.bat ¨Cwith-checkout

output:   cvs -d :ext:Jason at harley.mcs.anl.gov:/home/MPI/cvsMaster export -r
HEAD mpich2allWithMPE

Secure connection to harley.mcs.anl.gov refused.

cvs [export aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

2.       winconfigure.wsf --remove-fortran ¨Ccleancode

output:   (no errors,but)

         perl maint\extracterrmsgs -skip=src\util/multichannel/mpi.c src\mpi
src\nameserv src\util src\binding src\include src\mpid

Could not open src\mpid

Because of errors in extracting error messages, the file
src\mpi\errhan\defmsg.h was not updated.

3.       Then, I open mpich2.sln with VS2005, and compile this solution, but
failed with a lot of errors. Such as:

¡­\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\wspiapi.h(44) : error
C2894: templates cannot be declared to have 'C' linkage;

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file¡°smpd_utild.lib¡±;

BSCMAKE: warning BK4502 ;

BSCMAKE: error BK1513 ;
            and so on

Can you tell me how can I build the mpich2.sln?

Thanks very much!

         Best wishes,

         Jason