[MPICH2-dev] mpd client library and protocol?

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 16 20:56:01 CDT 2006

Greg,

> I assume that mpdlib.py is a client library that other applications
> (i.e. other than mpiexec) could potentially use to communicate with
> and/or control mpd.
>
> 1. Is there any API documentation?

The API is the Process Manager Interface (PMI), which is the interface
MPICH2 uses for interacting with process managers. There is some
documentation for it, which I could send you if you like (it may not be 100%
up to date).

> 2. Is there a C version of the client library?

The PMI library is in C. It is implemented in src/pmi/simple/simple_pmi.c.

> 3. Is the mpd protocol documented anywhere?

Not currently, but the plan is to :-).

> 4. Is the protocol used by mpd the same as that used by smpd?

No, they are different.

Rajeev