[MPICH2-dev] Error creating custom MPI Type struct

Shankar, Shashank (US - New York) shashankar at deloitte.com
Wed Apr 26 14:03:27 CDT 2006

Hello,

Thanks to John Vert, for answering my previous question!

I am trying to develop a distributed application utilizing MPI as the
communication mechanism, and have run into an error while creating a
custom MPI Type struct for data transfer between MPI processes. A
snippet from the mpiexec output is as:

============
job aborted:
rank: node: exit code[: error message]
0: socw3s4ap01.solnet.com: 13
1: socw3s4ap01.solnet.com: 13: Fatal error in MPI_Type_struct: Invalid
datatype, error stack:
MPI_Type_struct(191): MPI_Type_struct(count=365, blocklens=0x0012EDAC,
indices=0x0012E244,
 old_types=0x0012E7F8, new_type_p=0x0046C854) failed
MPI_Type_struct(130): Invalid datatype
============

Any help or suggestions in this regards will be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Regards,
Shashank Shankar
Consultant/Enterprise Business Integration/Technology Integration,
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Tel: +1 212 618 4702
Mobile: + 1 281 636 8712

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]