[MPICH2-dev] fortran 90 compiling error on G5

Zhibo Zhang zhibo_zhang at tamu.edu
Wed Sep 7 11:02:21 CDT 2005

Dear Mpich2 Developers

I meet some problems with compiling fortran file using mpif90, I
don't know whether it is a bug
I installed the MPICH2 on my Mac G5 following the document. The steps
are
1, configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-f90
2, make
3, sudo make install

The fortran compiler on my G5 is the xlf90 from IBM.

Everything goes well until I tried to compile some fortran90 file
like the on given in the examples/f90/pi3f90.f90

the err is strange :
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_mpi_init
_mpi_comm_rank
_mpi_comm_size
_mpi_bcast
_mpi_reduce
_mpi_finalize

I tried the mpif90 -show, the result is
f90 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -
lmpichf90 -lmpichf90 -lpmpich -lmpich

That's what I can do so far. I don't  know whether this is a bug or
because of some mistake I made during the installation. I also attach
the config.log