[MPICH2-dev] mpich2 not 64 bit clean?

Heinz, Michael mheinz at silverstorm.com
Wed Oct 12 11:21:15 CDT 2005

On a 64 bit box running RHFC4 and gcc 4.0.0 I'm getting the following warnings when building mpich2:

file_call_errhandler.c: In function "PMPI_File_call_errhandler":
file_call_errhandler.c:133: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
file_call_errhandler.c:146: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

Looking at the code, the error is from casting a "file handle" to an int.

Before I dive in looking at this, is this a real problem or can it be ignored?