[MPICH2-dev] MPICH support for SilverStorm Infiniband

Gilad Shainer Shainer at Mellanox.com
Fri Nov 4 09:31:51 CST 2005

MPICH2 has a CH3 InfiniBand part, written by Mellanox. This code is
compatible to the OpenIB Windows repository and was tested with Mellanox and
SilverStorm products.

-----Original Message-----
From: William Gropp [mailto:gropp at mcs.anl.gov]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 7:22 AM
To: Ian Godfrey
Cc: mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: Re: [MPICH2-dev] MPICH support for SilverStorm Infiniband

At 12:26 PM 11/3/2005, Ian Godfrey wrote:

>Has MPICH2 ever been built for the SilverStorm Infiniband product?

Not to my knowledge.

>If not, are there any specific IB-related issues we should be aware of when
>making such a new build?

While not an IB-specific issue, we're re-doing the ch3 device (the "easy"
device) and other IB developers have worked directly with the ADI3-level
interface.  Before starting on a port, let us know what you're considering
for the port.

Bill

>Thanks for your help.
>
>Ian
>
>--
>
>Ian GODFREY
>Business Development, Fujitsu Systems Europe
>Email] ian.godfrey at fujitsu.fr
>Tel] +33 (0)6 89 44 59 93

William Gropp
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~gropp