[MPICH2-dev] Minor bug in handlemem.c?

David Gingold david.gingold at sicortex.com
Tue Nov 1 15:51:53 CST 2005

I just noticed this in handlemem.c:

In MPIU_Handle_obj_alloc(), we call MPIU_Handle_indirect_init() as
follows:

         ptr = MPIU_Handle_indirect_init(&objmem->indirect,
                         &objmem->indirect_size,
                         HANDLE_BLOCK_SIZE,
                         HANDLE_BLOCK_INDEX_SIZE,
                         objsize,
                         objkind);

However, MPIU_Handle_indirect_init() works as follows:

static void *MPIU_Handle_indirect_init( void *(**indirect)[],
                     int *indirect_size,
                     int indirect_max_size,
                     int indirect_block_size, int obj_size,
                     int handle_type )

The third and fourth arguments in the caller are reversed, no?

Given the existing definitions of HANDLE_BLOCK_SIZE and
HANDLE_BLOCK_INDEX_SIZE, I don't think this results in an actual
failure -- the index still fits in ten bits.  But it seems to be not
what the writer intended.

-dg

--
David Gingold