[MPICH2-dev] Re: New version of MPICH2 (1.0.2)

Peter Lichtner plichtner at cybermesa.com
Tue Jun 14 19:51:03 CDT 2005

Greetings: I was able to compile the new version of MPICH on MacOSX
Tiger which is great!
However, I noticed in the readme file that:

     -  A Fortran-90 compiler if you configure with --enable-f90 .  Only
        MPI-2 "basic" support is provided at this time (no F90 module).

Does this mean that I can not use modules in my source code? I am
using MPICH with PETSc and the code is Fortran-90 using the Absoft
9.0 Fortran compiler and it is structured to use modules. I believe
there is a later version of Absoft for Tiger. But I am wondering if
this code will run with MPICH2 even if I update the Absoft compiler?
Thanks, ...Peter