[MPICH2-dev] cross-compilation?

Gheorghe Almasi gheorghe at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 5 09:27:20 CDT 2005

Oh well, now the secret is out - the attached file will make this
excessively obvious - BlueGene is a 32 bit machine ;-)

-- George

William Gropp <gropp at mcs.anl.gov>
Sent by: owner-mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov
08/04/2005 04:48 PM

        To:     Gheorghe Almasi/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
        cc:     David Gingold <david.gingold at sicortex.com>,
mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov, owner-mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov
        Subject:        Re: [MPICH2-dev] cross-compilation?

At 11:56 AM 8/4/2005, Gheorghe Almasi wrote:

MPICH2 compiles happily in the BlueGene cross-development environment with
cross-gcc and cross-g++. Following is an excerpt of our Makefile which
builds a VPATH build. Most of the options are irrelevant to you, but note
--host, --target, --build and --with-cross. The file pointed to by
--with-cross contains data widths for all the data types on the target
system (configure is obviously unable to determine these because it runs
on the host system ...)

Thanks, George.  Could you send along the cross file ($(MPICH2DIR)/cross))
or at least the names of the variables that are set in that file?

Bill

-- George

        cd ${MPICH2BTBUILD} && \
        if [ ! -f Makefile ] ; then \
          PATH=${M4INST}/bin:${BLRTS_PATH} LD_LIBRARY_PATH= \
          CC="${CC_RTS}" \
          GCC="${CC_RTS}" \
          CXX="${CXX_RTS}" \
          F77="${F77_RTS} ${FFLAGS_RTS}" \
          AR="${AR_RTS}" \
          LD="${LD_RTS}" \
          CFLAGS="${CFLAGS_RTS}" \
          LANG="en_US" \
          MPILIBNAME="mpich.rts" \
          BGLINSTALLDIR=${BGLSYS_ROOT} \
          ${MPICH2DIR}/configure \
          --prefix=${BGLSYS_ROOT} \
          --host=${BLRTS_TARGET} \
          --target=${BLRTS_TARGET} \
          --build=${BUILD_ALIAS} \
          --enable-g=none \
          --enable-f90=no \
          --with-device=bgl6 \
          --with-pmi=bgl6 \
          --with-pm=dummy \
          --with-mpe=no \
          --enable-romio=yes \
          --enable-aio=no \
          --with-file-system=nfs \
          --enable-threads=single \
          --with-flibname=mpich.rts \
          --with-fwrapname=fmpich.rts \
          --with-cxxlibname=cxxmpich.rts \
          --with-cross=${MPICH2DIR}/cross \
          --enable-f77; \
        fi && \
        PATH=${BLRTS_PATH} LD_LIBRARY_PATH= LANG="en_US" ${MAKE} && \
        PATH=${BLRTS_PATH} LD_LIBRARY_PATH= LANG="en_US" ${MAKE} install
&&

David Gingold <david.gingold at sicortex.com>
Sent by: owner-mpich2-dev at mcs.anl.gov

08/04/2005 11:14 AM