[MPICH2-dev] mpich2-0.95-pre3

Brian R. Toonen toonen at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 17 12:32:39 CDT 2003

A new tarball of MPICH2 is available at
ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/mpi/mpich2/mpich2-0.95-pre3.tar.gz.  Please note
that this is a pre-release.  It contains some fairly fresh code and has not
been as extensively tested as our official beta releases.  It is intended to
provide our close friends with a picture of what we have be doing since the
0.94 release and where we are headed.  That said, it also contains many bug
fixes and new features which are likely be helpful to those of you
developing modules for MPICH2.  Changes include:

* many new test programs added to the MPICH2 test suite

* integration of MPE with jumpshot-4 (includes support for clog, rlog and
slog2 logging formats)

* inter-communicator collective operations tested and debugged

* Process Management Interface (PMI) refined to meet the needs of the MPI
dynamic process routines

* Sock interface redefined to better support MPI-2 functionality and improve
error reporting

* CH3 device and channel structures renamed to facilitate code sharing
between devices and channels (ch3->dev, sock/shm/ssm/...->ch)

* improved configure and build process for Microsoft Windows

* prototype of the dynamic process routines that work in a controlled
environment

As always, questions, concerns, bug reports and patches should be directed
to mpich2-maint at mcs.anl.gov.

--the MPICH2 development team