[MPICH2-dev] mpid/ch3/channel

Noah Yan yanyh at cs.uh.edu
Fri Dec 12 10:46:54 CST 2003

Dear All,

I am new to MPICH2 development. And currently I am involving develop a
new device implementation based on MPICH2 ADI3. And I am looking at the
source code and implementation doc for it.

One questions: src/mpid/ch3 is for ADI3 device implementation, what is
the channel dir for in /mpid/ch3/channel, they are folder like ib, shm,
sock?? If I understand ADI and channel correclty, they are differenct
devices for ADI3, like sock, shm, etc??

If I want to have another channel under ch3, should I introduce it under
channel dir or directly under mpid/??

Thanks very much.

Noah Yan