[mpich-discuss] MPICh2/Hydra support for debugging

Nenad Vukicevic nenad at intrepid.com
Tue Sep 18 11:32:00 CDT 2012

Does anyone know if MPICH2/Hydra supports debugger attach to an already
running program? I see from the source code that MPIR interface is used,
but it is all related to the strtup phase of the program.

My understanding is that to support this kind of debugger attach,
mpiexec needs to periodically check if it is being debugged
(MPIR_being_debugged), and call MPIR_Breakpoint if yes. MPIR spec is not
that clear on this and I would appreciate if anyone points me to the
source code if there is a support for this.

Thanks,
Nenad