[mpich-discuss] rank 0 on one node

Mahesh Doijade maheshdoijade at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 16:22:37 CDT 2012

Hi,
    Initially you need to form the cluster by doing the ssh passwordless
login amongst the node in your cluster, then you have to create a
machinefile consisting of process to node mapping and pass it to mpiexec
while launching your MPI job. all the details about the creation of
machinefile and job launching is given in link below.
http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager
    So in your case of launching of the master process on the separate
desired node can be achieved through mentioning the same in the machinefile
and rest as required.

Regards,
-- Mahesh Doijade
MTech - II (CSE) ,