[mpich-discuss] Oversubscription with Nemesis

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 11 17:25:36 CDT 2012

The problem is that the slowdown is orders of magnitude, making it truly
unusable. That is very different from not useful for performance analysis
and not providing a speedup from smaller numbers of processes.

PETSc's configure has similar options, but the default is sock so very few
people configure with nemesis.