[mpich-discuss] ask for help

Zhengqiang Ma zqm2 at njau.edu.cn
Wed Oct 24 21:37:41 CDT 2012

HI, I had a cluster comprising 12 Apple dual quad-core 2.26-GHz Mac Pros (each with 6GB of RAM) connected to a single quad-core 2.26-GHz Mac Pro as the head node (with 6GB of RAM). Recently when I add another 2GB memory to each of the member nodes and 10GB to the head node, I can no longer run mpi jobs. I keep getting the error like:

rank 0 in job 1  node00x.cluster.private_xxxxx   caused collective abort of all ranks

exit status of rank 0: return code 255

Job management is handled by the Sun Grid Engine (SGE) package from Sun MicroSystems, and the iNquiry Suite from the BioTeam.

Please help.

Thank you very much.

zqm