[mpich-discuss] Errors with alloca

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 23 14:05:56 CDT 2012

On Oct 23, 2012, at 1:48 PM CDT, Eric A. Borisch wrote:

> I filed this (https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/ticket/1704 --
> "MPI_Reduce breaks with --enable-alloca at some sizes") and I was just
> wondering if anyone has had a chance to look at it.

I took a quick peek at it, but decided it was of very low priority.  Just don't configure with "--enable-alloca" for now.  Have you seen substantial speed improvements from using it that would justify development effort to remedy this in the near term?

I wasn't aware that anyone was even using this switch and assumed it was just leftover from some past research effort...

-Dave