[mpich-discuss] Mpich2 - in Red Hat 7.3

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Oct 3 15:56:33 CDT 2012

On 10/03/2012 01:23 PM, Sandra Guija wrote:
> Thanks Gus and Pavan,
> I am able to use Fedora release 5. Linux 2.6.15 with gcc 4.1.0 (RedHat
> 4.1.0-3)
> if this setup will work for 1.5rc2 or any other one?
> Thanks again,
>
> Sandra Guija

MPICH2 may install on Fedora 5, but as Pavan said,
that is still old.
I guess it is probably already discontinued by Fedora
(i.e.you can't get RPMs to install stuff, in case you hit any problem
with dependencies when istalling mpich2).

Consider installing the system again,
use a current distribution version:
CentOS, Scientific Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora.

Gus Correa