[mpich-discuss] Mpich2 - in Red Hat 7.3

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 3 09:33:59 CDT 2012

On 10/03/2012 09:22 AM, Sandra Guija wrote:
> I was able to instal mpich2-1.0.8p1, but got error while running make
> install on mpich2-1.4.1p1

Did you try 1.5rc2?

> I have gcc 2.96

Ouch.  Apart from the latest version, gcc-2.96 is the only version
everyone remembers because it was so horrendous with a large number of
bugs.  Can you upgrade to a newer compiler?

> I am installing mpich2 over simics, hardware simulation and the
> installation took about 3 hrs, that's normal?

I just timed a fresh build of the latest version on my machine and it
took 3 minutes.  I don't know about simics; maybe the simulation is just
very very slow.

  -- Pavan