[mpich-discuss] do not get mpif90 after building mpich2 in linux

Michael Seman seman at optusnet.com.au
Fri Nov 9 07:25:30 CST 2012

ifortvars and iccvars scripts.  I have compiled FFTW package without a
hitch.  I did see in one of the release notes that there is a problem
with version 13 of Intel compilers, so I used version 11.1 which I
already had.
Well anyway, I noticed in the mpich2 config.log the following message:

ld: /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/080/bin/lib/for_main.o: No such file: No
such file or directory

That path is obviously wrong - I haven't figured out yet where that gets
screwed up.  Now if a create a lib subdirectory under bin and copy all
the *.o files from the lib/intel64 directory, and then try building
mpich2, I do get the mpif90 wrapper.  I think that's like plugging fuel
leaks with chewing gum, so I need to locate the origin of the defective
ld path.