[mpich-discuss] do not get mpif90 after building mpich2 in linux

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 8 11:55:19 CST 2012

Hi Michael

Besides Reuti's suggestion:

Make sure you set up the Intel compiler environment correctly,
before you configure MPICH2.
The easy way is to source the appropriate script that comes with the
compiler, such as compilervars.[csh,sh], or iccvars.[csh,sh] and
ifortvars[csh,sh] depending on the release you have.
The script may take the computer architecture (intel64 or ia32)
as a parameter also.
It is not enough to set only the PATH.
Check the compiler documentation for details.
A faulty environment can cause linking problems

Also, start over from a fresh tarball.
Avoid mixing the old and the new builds.
Old object files may also cause linking problems.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa