[mpich-discuss] Windows and mpicc

Mole, John j.mole at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 16:40:58 CST 2012

I am currently porting a mathematical modelling application from Ubuntu to Windows.  I am fairly new to Linux.  I am mostly working in Cygwin which emulates the Linux environment in Windows.  I have installed MPICH2 on Windows and have set the necessary paths.

In trying to make Parmetis in Cygwin I get the error 'mpicc not found'.  So I am trying to track down mpicc.  I don't know where it comes from.  Is it from GNU or MPICH or where?  How do I get hold of it?

I would be most grateful if someone could provide guidance.

Thanks,

John Mole