[mpich-discuss] Problem using Total View with mpiexec.hydra

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 10 08:29:58 CDT 2012

Hi Anatoly,

We have seen this problem before.  It has something to do with the
interaction between tcsh and gdb, but we haven't quite narrowed it down yet.

But in your particular case, you might be able to workaround it since
totalview is a parallel debugger.  You can use it to manage all
processes, instead of having a separate instance for each process, so
there will not be any fd forwarding for each process.

See
http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager#Debugging

  -- Pavan