[mpich-discuss] sequencing non-blocking requests

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 8 10:35:12 CDT 2012

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 11:14:23AM -0600, Martin Pokorny wrote:
> Hi, all;
> I'm trying to create a generalized request out of a sequence of
> regular requests. I've implemented this using the extended
> generalized request "class" with a wait function to check and make
> progress on the sequence of requests.

Hi Martin.  As Dave said, we built that extended generalized request
interface so that other libraries could make progress (particularly,
the POSIX AIO interfaces).  We haven't consider which if any MPI
functions are legal to call inside these class-based wait and poll
functions.

however, I'm really excited you used them!

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA